Southern California Education Organizing Coalition
PRINCIPLES OF UNITY
Discussed & adopted by SCEOC Saturday, January 28, 2012
Amended by SCEOC on Saturday, February 18, 2012
* * * * *
• Address political divisions in the group in a constructive manner that is conducive toward establishing meaningful solidarity
• Acknowledgement and respect for different levels of political development
• Respect for the diversity of tactics and strategies in the struggle
• Respect of each person’s humynity and their individual experiences
• No educational hierarchy or privileging of any particular institution
• All class, race, gender, hetero, cisgender, able, and documentation status privilege will be checked and challenged
• We promote inclusivity but retain our collective autonomy from any organization, political party, and labor unions
– We are all here to work collectively to build a coalition/movement and set a common ground of goals.
– All political organizations and labor unions are welcomed to participate.
• Respect for the autonomy of each campus, its respective organizations, and their particular circumstances while we seek to build meaningful unity and solidarity